Date & Time
23 Jan 2019 9:00AM to 10:30AM
IHRP Office. Lifelong Learning Institute #05-02, Lift Lobby A, Eunos Rd 8, Lifelong Learning Institute, 408601
Data and privacy breaches have made the headlines in 2018. The quantum of fines have gone up in 2018. And in 2019, we are likely to see an increase in such incidents and enforcement by the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC).
One of the aggravating factors has been whether firms were able to demonstrate accountability, and having a Data Protection Officer (DPO) that is competent is key.
Many firms have been found to be lacking a DPO and it is a mandatory role HR will need to ensure it is highlighted to management and the position filled by someone with the right competency.
Furthermore, HR needs to be aware of data protection compliance, as HR collects and maintains sensitive data from employees and candidates. Data such as Singapore NRIC, passport, marital and educational information and other personal data are all subjected to the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
Join IHRP and Straits Interactive for this complimentary breakfast talk on:
- the top five trends in data protection for 2019
- recent enforcements in data protection in Singapore and how to demonstrate accountability
- upcoming Singapore Data Protection Trustmark
- privacy operational compliance framework and programmes available to fast track competency and journey to compliance
- tapping government funding for training, consulting and systems in Data Protection
- certifications available for DPOs
Closing Date for Registrations: 16 January 2019. Do note that due to limited seats, registration is based on first come, first served basis. 1.5 CPD hours will be awarded for this talk. Registration starts at 8.30 am with light refreshments.
Going forward, we will be posting the registration links for our IHRP programmes only on the IHRP Connect App (available for download on Apple App Store, and Google Play Store).
Do sign on to IHRP Connect today, so you can be the first to access the registration link for our upcoming Analytics Learning Visit to OCBC Campus on Tues, 29 Jan 2019 – limited seats available, first come, first served basis! The registration link will be up on IHRP Connect on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 after the EDM for the event is sent out on the same day.
Contact us at email@example.com if you are facing issues accessing your IHRP Connect account!
Note: Exclusively for certified professionals only, please do not forward outside of the IHRP Community.
Terms & Conditions
- IHRP reserves the right to change the event date or location or alter the content and timing of the programme or the speakers without penalty. IHRP assumes no liability if the event date is changed, postponed or cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All intellectual property rights in all materials produced or distributed by IHRP in connection to this event are expressly reserved by IHRP. Any unauthorized duplication, publication or distribution is prohibited.