We’re looking for a People Advisor to join our People team in our Singapore office. This is an exciting time to join us as we continue to scale in the APAC region. You will be working in our People Advisor and Partners team to provide our APAC Wisers (employees) an amazing experience across their whole Wiser lifecycle. You will support and advise a number of our Leads to help us achieve our Mission.
You will predominantly support our Wisers and Leads in Singapore, but will also have the opportunity to work with our other APAC locations also.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a significant impact in a hyper growth team.
You will work directly with a functional team/s to support them through their Wiser journey. You will support them with:
- Promotions and Lateral moves
- Remote working requests (Mobile Wising)
- Internal international transfers
- Special leave requests
Retention & Development
- Collaborate with People Partner to implement global retention & development initiatives locally.
- Conduct exit interviews and follow up where required
- Foreigner leaver tasks
- Understand local trends and provide local guidance for function using data and the knowledge you gain from working closely with the function.
- When you encounter problems to solve for the function, work with (Global) People Partner to understand if local or global issue. When local issue, work with local Leads on approaches to addressing issues that suit that location.
- Collaborate with other People Teams to provide functions with the local support they require.
- Respond to complaints by Wisers by conducting investigations into allegations of inappropriate behaviour (you will be assisted by an experienced member of the People Advisors and Partners team for the tricky ones)
- Guide and coach Leads through Personal Improvement Process (PIP). Attend PIP meetings as required to support process.
- Work with applicable People Partner on any retros/learnings/problems from ER issues.
- Support Leads with advice on probation management.
- Contribute towards the global team’s planning cycles by attending review sessions, and sharing ideas for improvements and new projects
- Provides feedback to People Partner for the function planning process so that local requirements are reflected in global plan.
- Local function specific AMA’s and other comms as required.
- Facilitate local leads development training sessions
- Do other training as required (e.g. for recruitment team)
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define how you execute your day-to-day and the responsibility for making it happen
- Work with an international team – you will work with and support our teams in offices around the APAC region as well working with our broader People Advisor and Partners team globally.
- Get broad HR/People exposure – lots come up in this role. No two days will be the same and we guarantee it won’t be boring. You will see all aspect of HR/People in this role.
- Previous broad HR experience
- Some knowledge of employment laws and practices, particularly in Singapore.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and has the ability to communicate well with Wisers across different levels and teams
- Ability to deal with confidential information and difficult situations in a professional manner
- Analytical mind – able to spot trends using factual information
- Proactive, you can see problems early and take action to solve rather than wait to be asked.
- Transparent, reliable and you have exceptional integrity.
- IHRP Certification Preferred
Extra skills that would be awesome:
- Proficiency in other APAC languages
- Experience working with other Asia Pacific countries
- Exposure to FinTech or a hyper growth tech company
- Extra training in data analytics.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.