The Government Procurement Function Office, as the Functional Leader for Public Service Procurement, sets central procurement policies, and drives procurement transformation initiatives and procurement workforce planning and development across the public service. The incumbent will support the Director / Deputy Director / Head in developing and implementing HR workforce planning and development initiatives to raise the capabilities and career value propositions of public service procurement professionals across the whole-of-government (WOG).
He/she will work in partnership with key stakeholders across other central (such as the Public Service Division) and different government agencies, particularly to :
- Develop centrally driven talent attraction and development initiatives to build a wider pool of procurement specialists within the public service and to attract experienced private sector procurement professionals into the public service
- Explore creative strategies and leverage different sourcing channels/platforms to draw prospective candidates
- Curate and organise on-boarding programmes for the new hires in the central pool
- Manage communications and publicity efforts to strengthen professional standings and to generate greater awareness of the career development opportunities for public sector procurement
- Drive structured job rotations and development initiatives for the procurement community across the WOG.
- Manage the leadership identification, development and succession planning for the procurement community across the WOG.
- 3 to 8 years’ relevant experience, with tertiary background preferably in Human Resources or post-graduate qualifications and experiences in Human Resources and industry manpower development.
- Experience working on initiatives that cut across organisations in talent attraction, workforce planning and development and succession planning would be an advantage.
- Self-driven. Able to work independently and within teams
- Good collaboration and engagement skills