Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Housed within the Regional Human Resources department and reporting directly to our Regional Head of Human Resources, the Regional Senior / HRBP will be expected to forge excellent working relations with all employees across the group.
This individual will play an active role within the business unit, helping Ninja Van to build upon existing foundations as we continue to grow and shape the overall organization.
- Partner with the leadership teams and develop a solid understanding of the strategic goals of the teams and from that provide strategic business partnership & coaching to managers and leaders
- Manage and facilitate organizational design and development, leadership coaching, and team building that support change and growth
- Coach managers and help them drive effective career conversations, develop their teams by educating them on career frameworking, tools and provide guidance on career plans/training plans based on individual goals and the goals of the group and/or geography
- Execute on talent management strategies to support a team’s growth and individual development plans
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate key HR processes in close partnership with people managers (e.g. performance cycle, employee engagement survey action planning etc.)
- Integrate and partner with regional HR COE teams to implement solutions and help scale the business solutions
- Focus relentlessly on scaling our culture across the organization as part of our sustained growth plans
- Manage and facilitate the overall Performance Cycle and employee engagement survey throughout the year
- Partner closely with local HR partners on department specific strategy and execution
- Supporting employee relations issues as needed
- Participate and lead projects as an integral member of the extended HR community
- Minimally a Bachelors’ Degree with 8+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner or equivalent role
- Experienced in dealing with people-centric challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and consultative / persuasive capabilities
- Demonstrates solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Demonstrates project management and change management experience
- Experience learning and thriving in a constantly changing environment and to cultivate relationships across teams
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Experience helping matrixed organizations scale
- Resilient and gritty in nature
- Quick-witted, adaptable and thrives in navigating through any uncertainty
- IHRP Certification Preferred