We work as a team, in partnership with the community, to make Singapore our safe and secure Best Home.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) aspires to be a world-class organisation in delivering safety and security for our people. In pursuing our mission to make Singapore our Safe and Secure Best Home, we remain constant and true to our core values of Honour and Unity.
The Strategic HR & Workforce team is looking for a Manager / Senior Executive to conduct workforce planning for the Home Team and to also develop the Home Team’s HR function. The SHRW team is involved a wide variety of work (see below), and your work portfolio will be adjusted to account for your skills and interests.
- Evaluate the complexity and skills needed for jobs in the Home Team, which will in turn determine the pay for these jobs.
- Evaluate and recommend organisational structures that enable high organisational and employee performance
- Design policies or governance processes in support of workforce planning
- Analyse workforce data and conduct manpower modelling to generate insights that will guide workforce planning
- Respond to queries and requests for data related to jobs in the Home Team
- Conduct horizon scans to understand how workforce needs will change in the future, engage senior leaders on these changes, and recommend interventions accordingly.
- Sustain and explore initiatives to enhance the professionalism and skills of HR practitioners in the Home Team. Examples include developing a learning & development ecosystem for HR, piloting new HR technologies, building engagement in the HR community, and supporting the career development of HR officers.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Analytical thinking
- Courage to have your own views and to share them
- Desire and capacity for learning
- Willingness to work as a team
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent stakeholder management, especially the capacity to empathise with stakeholders
- Basic excel skills (e.g. creating tables and graphs, data manipulation, calculations) are a must.
- Competency or experience in any of the following are not required, but will be an added advantage:
- Human Resource
- Data analytics
- Statistical software (e.g. R, Tableau)
- Manpower modelling
- Learning & development
- Futures work
- Job grading or job evaluation
- Organisational design
- iHRP preferred