About the Company
JERA Global Markets (JERAGM) is a leading utility-backed seaborne energy trader specialising in LNG, coal and freight with a platform to trade across all key markets worldwide. JERAGM is a joint venture between majority shareholder JERA Inc. (JERA) and EDF Trading.
JERAGM operates one of the largest seaborne energy portfolios in the world which gives the Company an in-depth understanding of the way local, regional and international energy markets behave. These insights enable the Company to help customers increase security of supply, optimise their portfolios and improve the risk management of their assets.
The commercial hub of the Company is in Singapore, with offices located in Japan (Tokyo), the UK (London) and the US (Baltimore).
The jobholder will manage the day-to-day operations of the HR department and carry out responsibilities in the entire employee life cycle which includes talent attraction, recruitment, onboarding, development, engagement, retention and separation.
This role will facilitate an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes on ownership, trust and teamwork to develop a performance-driven and values-led organization.
Recruitment and onboarding of new hires
- Assist with the recruitment process - review and shortlist resumes, work with recruiters and hiring manager(s) to select the right candidate, schedule interviews, facilitate pre-employment screening checks
- Apply for work passes for work pass holders and associated passes for dependents
- Support the effective onboarding of new hires and help in relocation matters if necessary
Legislation & Regulation
- Ensure compliance with all existing government employment legislation and regulatory reporting requirements
- Protect the interests of employees and the Company in accordance with Company HR policies and government laws and regulations
Employee Relations and Engagement
- Assist with employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement
- Help to organise events and implement initiatives to promote employee engagement and develop a positive and cohesive JERAGM culture
- Assist to draft effective staff communications e.g., Covid-19 workplace updates, new joiner introductions, HR-related initiatives for newsletters
Human Capital Management System
- Maintain employee-related databases
- Prepare and analyse reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department
- Guide employees on the process of performance management from goal setting to mid-year and year-end review
- Assist in the off-boarding of leavers
Daily HR Operations
- Assist to provide a timely reply to employees on queries related to systems, claims, leave, benefits, etc.
- Track and renew the work pass of employees on a timely basis
- Ad-hoc matters as required
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Business or equivalent
- 4 to 6 years of HR operations work experience
- Good knowledge of employment laws and practices in Singapore, Japan, UK and US will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills particularly in MS applications, e.g., Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- IHRP Certification Preferred
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality, discreet, meticulous and detail oriented
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive with quick and accurate turnaround
- Able to speak to all levels and work closely with hiring managers to define job requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication
This role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop skills and responsibility within a growing and successful commodity trading business.