About the Company
JERA Global Markets (JERAGM) is a leading utility-backed seaborne energy trader specialising in LNG, Coal and Freight with a platform to trade across all key markets (North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia). JERAGM is a joint venture between majority shareholder JERA Inc. (JERA) and EDF Trading.
JERAGM operates one of the largest seaborne energy portfolios in the world which gives us an in-depth understanding of the way local, regional and international energy markets behave. These insights enable us to help our customers increase security of supply, optimise their portfolios and improve the risk management of their assets.
The commercial hub of the company is in Singapore, with offices located in Japan (Tokyo), the UK (London) and the US (Baltimore).
This role will be working very closely with our internal and external stakeholders to identify, attract, assess and acquire talent who are in line with our Company’s core values to ensure diversity of hires and succession planning.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Develop suitable talent acquisition strategies to widen our talent pool, find the right candidate and improve on talent acquisition methods.
- Assist in manpower planning and budgeting.
- Partnering and working closely with hiring managers, the HR team and HODs to understand recruitment needs, offer advice and execute recruitment plans in line with recruitment needs and requirements.
- Manage end-to-end recruitment including but not limited to:
- Preparing/ Enhancing the Job Descriptions
- Posting/ Advertising open positions on suitable internal and external recruitment platforms
- Working closely with recruitment agencies and schools on recruitment
- Proactively source for suitable candidates on LinkedIn and/or other recruitment platforms and job portals
- Scheduling and interviewing shortlisted candidates
- Working closely with the hiring team on candidate evaluation and selection
- Be involved in salary proposal and offer process such as ensuring the proposed salary is in line with internal guidelines and preparing the employment contract
- Track and report the KPIs timely and regularly to forecast and manage hiring needs such as cost of hire, time to hire, platform effectiveness, turnover & retention rates or the ROI on any employment strategies
- Participate in suitable job fairs to boost company’s branding
- Strengthen current framework and policy for transfers, referrals and internal hiring
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Qualification and experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or relevant field
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in recruitment and talent acquisition in commodities and/or financial services industry
- Applicants with prior experience as a recruitment consultant and those with recruitment experience in multinational trading companies will have an added advantage
- Some background with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and resume databases will have an added advantage
- Good knowledge of employment laws and practices in Singapore, Japan, UK and US will be an added advantage
- IHRP Certification Preferred
- Proactive with excellent communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work under pressure
- Able to speak to all levels and work closely with hiring managers to define job requirements.
- Strong and established network with recruiters, candidates and even internal employees for market intelligence for current and future talent pipeline needs
- A team player who can work independently
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
This role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop skills and responsibility within a growing and successful commodity trading business.