LASALLE College of the Arts is Asia’s leading contemporary arts and design institution with 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in arts and design. LASALLE provides a nurturing, interdisciplinary learning environment to inspire the next generation of forward-looking, globally engaged artists, designers and leaders of creative industries. Its faculty comprises a community of award-winning artists, designers, educators and researchers, whose practice-led research sets LASALLE apart as an international centre of excellence. LASALLE is ranked within the top 151-200 institutions globally for art and design (QS World University Rankings 2023). LASALLE is a founding member of the new University of the Arts Singapore which will open its doors for its first degree intake in 2024.
The Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development (HR&OD) is seeking a highly driven individual, preferably with a passion for the arts and arts education to join us as Assistant Manager in HR corporate services and benefits and welfare.
Reporting to the Director & Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and Senior Manager (HR Corporate Services/Benefits & Welfare/Industrial Relations), you will:
- Perform and provide support for the full spectrum of staff benefits/welfare and HR corporate services functions in the Division, which include coordinating and organising staff welfare/bonding activities, maintaining shared HR databases and system migration.
- Work with the HR&OD team to plan and coordinate initiatives related to data management. Support the Division in achieving operational efficiency through the optimal use of technology and HR applications and draw insights from data for analysis, decision-making and management reporting as required.
- Manage the monthly payroll activities by undertaking the full spectrum of payroll processing and administration for all part-time and/or full-time staff as required, ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll, and submission of required data/ information to various government authorities
- Bachelor’s degree from an established university in human resources, business management or a relevant professional HR/OD qualification. IHRP Certification preferred.
- At least 5 years or equivalent of relevant experience in supporting compensation and benefits and hands-on experience in payroll administration. Experience in payroll administration for local and international staff will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of payroll policies and local statutory legislations (e.g. Employment Act, CPF and tax legislations).
- Good understanding of payroll policies, procedures and best practices.
- Comfortable with figures and possess good analytical skills in interpreting, organising and presenting data/statistics.
- Positive work attitude, good interpersonal skills and able to work well collaboratively.
- Meticulous, organised and able to work under tight deadlines with accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and able to multitask.
- Maintain strict confidentiality especially in regards to sensitive information/personal data.
- Service-oriented and has the ability to function in a multicultural and diverse staff and student population. Experience working with data, including processing raw data to visualise trends, deciphering patterns and conducting quantitative impact assessments will be advantageous.
- Good knowledge and skills in data analytics, statistics and data visualisation, as well as data analytical concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.
- Knowledge of payroll software in an HRMS platform and Microsoft suite/applications will be advantageous.
- Experience in managing multiple and different benefit schemes online of different entities within an HRM system.
- Experience in HRM systems and software migrations will be an advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 21 July 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.