LASALLE College of the Arts is Asia’s leading contemporary arts and design institution with 30 diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in arts and design. LASALLE provides a nurturing, interdisciplinary learning environment to inspire the next generation of forward-looking, globally engaged artists, designers and leaders of creative industries. Its faculty comprises a community of award-winning artists, designers, educators and researchers, whose practice-led research sets LASALLE apart as an international centre of excellence. LASALLE is ranked within the top 151-200 institutions globally for art and design (QS World University Rankings 2023). LASALLE is a founding member of the new University of the Arts Singapore which will open its doors for its first degree intake in 2024.
The Division of Human Resources & Organisation Development (HR&OD) is seeking highly driven individuals, preferably with a passion for the arts and arts education to join us as Senior Manager in talent management, compensation and rewards.
Reporting to the Director & Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), you are responsible for compensation and rewards functions which comprise of performance management, career development, job evaluation, talent management inclusive of strengthening the talent pipeline with appropriate strategies to attract, engage, retain and reward staff for their contributions.
In consultation with the CHRO, you will develop, review, implement and administer the College’s and UAS’s policies, procedures, frameworks and programmes (including payroll) related to compensation and rewards for the College and in alignment with UAS’s performance management and rewards programmes and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an established university in human resources, business management or a relevant professional human resources or organisation development qualifications. IHRP Certification preferred.
- A postgraduate degree will be advantageous.
- At least 15+ years or equivalent of experience in compensation, rewards and performance management at tertiary level, of which five years and above or equivalent should be in a managerial role, preferably with a tertiary academic institution or an established organisation or public sector agencies.
- Sound knowledge of job grading, job evaluation and salary structure, as well as performance management and talent management tools within an academic or established institution.
- In-depth understanding of compensation principles, including job level analysis, and variable performance bonus programmes.
- Sound knowledge of talent management practices and employee career development.
- Meticulous and good with figures.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills, with ability to manage and interact at all levels and work effectively at both strategic and operational level.
- Strong initiatives, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity in handling confidential matters.
- Experience in handling/overseeing payroll.
- Good statistical and data analysis skills.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at the LASALLE careers portal. Closing date is 30 July 2023 or until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.